1. The principal motivation for my creativity.
I commit to a daily practice on January 1st of each year. By doing this, I force myself to keep making art every single day.
All artwork ©2016 TAMMI SALAS / Not to reproduced or distributed without express permission of the artist.
2. The principal motivation for my sobriety. To improve my health, my relationships and be a better human being.
3. My favorite qualities in a person. People who talk-the-talk AND walk-the-walk.
4. What I appreciate most about my friends. Shared values and texting with them as a tool in my sobriety toolbox.
5. My main fault. Procrastination and Judgment.
6. My favorite occupation. I love me a librarian.
7. My dream of happiness. Exactly how I’m living right now. Fully present and grounded.
8. My idea of misery. A life without art; losing my relationship with my kid; or an evening of small talk at a cocktail party.
9. My greatest regret. Not quitting alcohol sooner.
10. My proudest moment. Climbing up a vertical ice field to reach John Muir Base Camp on Mt. Rainier last August with my 12 year old son, goddaughters and my best friend. 12 hours roundtrip. I was six months sober at the time and never been prouder.
11. Other than myself, who would I like to be? Elke Govertsen, CEO/Publisher, Mamalode. She has a zest for life like no one I’ve ever met and knows how to get shit DONE!
12. Where I would like to live. Halibut Cove, Alaska.
13. My favorite color. Hard question! My favorite color of the moment is yellow. And hot pink. And black. (Ahem.—Chris) Always black.
16. My favorite composers/musicians. Willie Nelson, Pink Martini and George Strait.
17. My favorite creative people. Lisa Congdon, Maira Kalman, Charley Harper, Lotta Jansdotter, Oliver Jeffers, Tove Jannson and Marimekko.
18. My hero(es). in sobriety…Holly Glenn Whitaker and Laura McKowen.
19. My favorite food and drink. Anything Mexican and Mariage Frères Marco Polo black tea label.
20. My drug of (lack of) choice when I was using. Wine, bourbon and vodka.
21. What I hate most of all. Martyrdom.
22. The natural talent I’d like to be gifted with. The gift of drawing portraits or lifeforms.
23. How I want to die. Hopefully, in bed, sipping tea and reading a really good book.
24. My present state of mind. My mind is in a pink cloud phase of sobriety. That’s liable to change at any given moment.
25. Faults for which I have the most indulgence. Imperfection is hands-down the biggest fault I’m working on - accepting it in others, as well as myself.
26. My favorite motto.